Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Austalia's Deaf Ear policy

Dear Prime Minister

As an Indigenous person I would like to know if ordinary Indigenous people will get the opportunity to represent a voice to you?

Or will it be guided by the current self proclaimed Indigenous Leaders who are not made accountable for their actions, are out of touch with the real issues and continue to respond in the public arena in a manner that is segregating our country and is having an effect of Indigenous people feeling like second class citizen's.

Can you give me a clear understanding of whether you propose to appoint or go with the current self proclaimed Indigenous leaders? to represent me and my family.

The government is accountable to the people of Australia and it is time for Indigenous people to be accountable for our actions in a fair and just way, not by the current hysteria we have now.
There is more to us than educated spokesperson or the uneducated savage.

I will then understand what the years ahead of me will bring as an Indigenous person in this country.

No comments: